Three minute matches, two killer robots, one winner: this is the nature of combat robotics and the Combotics teams within iRobotics show off what their robots can do in this brutal competition. These teams design, build and fight their battling robots which compete in various weight classes ranging from 1 lb up to 120 lbs. The robots also have various methods of knocking out their opponents with weapons ranging from high speed rotating blades to high pressure air powered flippers. If you have a passion for robotic mayhem, then the Combotics is for you!
This year, Combotics is planning its own competition called Robobrawl to be held during Engineering Open House (EOH). The competition will feature 30 lb robots created by students from UIUC and other universities. Combotics is planning on entering 4 robots in this competition:
If you are interested in joining Combotics, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Combotics Posts
- Accident Prone – Fall 2021 Update
- Parts and Wreck – Proceeding with Less Funding
- Parts & Wreck – First Robot Progress Update – Fall 2020
- RWE 2020 End of Semester Update
- Robobrawl 1Lb – Member Updates
- Accident Prone – Junior Year Robot
- Space Jam – New Season — New Robot!
- Real World Experience – End of Year Update
- Space Jam – End of Year Report
- Accident Prone – End of the Year Update